College of Business
Copeland Hall 401
Athens, OH 45701
Gary Coombs, Chair
In the Department of Management, students are our primary focus, and we view ourselves as members of a team engaging in a collaborative teaching and learning process. In support of this, we strive for continuous improvement of course content, delivery, and integration. We value diversity in ourselves, our students, and our various constituencies, and we affirm our commitment to be responsive to the opportunities and challenges inherent in that diversity. Our primary objective is to help students learn, and our primary reference group is the global business community. Therefore, we strive to prepare our graduates to make significant contributions to that community and the larger community throughout their careers. To accomplish this, we commit ourselves as a faculty to being current, relevant, creative, and innovative in working with our students and the business community. We value honesty, integrity, and openness to new ideas in our interactions and our intellectual pursuits, and we recognize the importance of lifelong development through research efforts and professional activities commensurate with this mission statement.
Goals for Student Learning:
- Providing a realistic understanding of the business world to better prepare students for careers in their chosen field(s).
- Enhancing learning opportunities by providing exposure to and interaction within the international environment.
- Sensitizing students to the myriad aspects of diversity and ethical considerations.
- Employing a variety of teaching and learning methods to give students the benefits of a multifaceted approach.
- Enhancing the ability of students to network and collaborate effectively.
- Enhancing the ability of students to communicate effectively in writing and orally.
- Enhancing the ability of students to solve problems.
ProgramsBachelor of Business Administration