Oct 27, 2020
ENG 4520 - Teaching Literature in Secondary Schools
Content and methods of presentation for teaching literature in high school. Not applicable to Arts and Sciences 200-level requirement.
Requisites: EDSE 3500 and EDTE 3730
Credit Hours: 3
Repeat/Retake Information: May be retaken two times excluding withdrawals, but only last course taken counts.
Lecture/Lab Hours: 3.0 lecture
Grades: Eligible Grades: A-F,WP,WF,WN,FN,AU,I
- Create a repertoire of teaching strategies by creating sample projects and lesson plans for the English/Language Arts classroom.
- Deepen awareness and understanding of teacher efficacy.
- Develop models of projects and assignments to assist student learning.
- Engage in discussions and presentations that emphasize collaboration with peers/colleagues.
- Explore how dramatic and artistic responses to literature can be used to help students develop reading skills.
- Increase familiarity with NCTE standards applicable to OU’s AYA/ELA program.
- Learn to make curricular choices and instructional decisions while in the classroom.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)