May 25, 2020
ENG 4912 - Field Experience in Secondary English/Literature
Field experience to provide practical application of materials, methods, and techniques of literature instruction as appropriate in various secondary school settings. Students will observe classroom teachers and carry out various instructional tasks as the cooperating teachers deem appropriate.
Requisites: ENG 4520 concurrent
Credit Hours: 1
Repeat/Retake Information: May be retaken two times excluding withdrawals, but only last course taken counts.
Lecture/Lab Hours: 2.0 laboratory
Grades: Eligible Grades: A-F,WP,WF,WN,FN,AU,I
- Deploy projects and assignments to assist student learning.
- Enact teaching strategies and lesson plans for the English/Language Arts classroom.
- Explore how dramatic and artistic responses to literature can enhance development of reading skills.
- Increase familiarity with NCTE standards.
- Learn to make curricular choices and instructional decisions while in the classroom.
- Practice productive collaboration with colleagues.
- Understand techniques for effective teaching.
Add to Portfolio