Sep 22, 2021
LING 1010 - Grammar in Language Learning and Teaching
This self-paced online course will provide a basic introduction to English grammar in language learning and language teaching.
Credit Hours: 1
Repeat/Retake Information: May be retaken two times excluding withdrawals, but only last course taken counts.
Lecture/Lab Hours: 1.0 lecture
Grades: Eligible Grades: F,CR,WP,WF,WN,FN,AU,I
- Students will be able to recognize the basic word order patterns in English.
- Students will be familiar with the system of nouns in English especially count v. non-count nouns.
- Students will be familiar with the use of pronouns in English.
- Students will be familiar with use of prepositions and prepositional phrases in English.
- Students will become familiar with the structure of English words, phrases, clauses, and sentences.
- Students will have a basic understanding of verb tenses in English.
- Students will understand how adjectives and adverbs function in English grammar.
- Students will understand the structure and components of verb phrases including auxiliaries and participles
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)