Sep 19, 2019
PSC 1011 - Physical World
Designed for nonscience majors. Fundamental ideas of measurement, motion, energy, electricity and magnetism, heat, atomic and nuclear physics. Introduction to relativity and quantum phenomena.
Requisites: WARNING: not PSC 1010
Credit Hours: 4
General Education Code: 2NS
Repeat/Retake Information: May be retaken two times excluding withdrawals, but only last course taken counts.
Lecture/Lab Hours: 3.0 lecture, 2.0 laboratory
Grades: Eligible Grades: A-F,WP,WF,WN,FN,AU,I
Course Transferability: OTM Course: TMNS Natural Sciences
College Credit Plus: Level 1
- Develop quantitative mathematical skills and critical thinking in terms of mathematical relationships between physical properties.
- Develop the mathematical skills to calculate the relationships between physical properties of a system and predict the consequences of the laws of physics.
- Literacy in science and quantitative evaluation of the physical world.
- Understand the basic concepts of energy in mechanical, thermal and electrical systems.
- Understand the basic vocabulary of physical science. Measures of time, distance, mass, force.
[Add to Portfolio]