Jul 25, 2021
EDEC 1001 - Introduction to Early Childhood Education
Overview of the profession of early childhood education and the role of the teacher.
Requisites: EDEC 1600 or concurrent
Credit Hours: 2
Repeat/Retake Information: May be retaken two times excluding withdrawals, but only last course taken counts.
Lecture/Lab Hours: 2.0 lecture
Grades: Eligible Grades: A-F,WP,WF,WN,FN,AU,I
- Students will be able to identify the roles and responsibilities of an early childhood Professional.
- Students will develop a conceptual understanding of developmentally appropriate practice.
- Students will develop reflective practice skills and understand its importance in the field of Early Childhood Education.
- Students will identify education models currently influencing early childhood programs.
- Students will identify historical influences on the field of early childhood education.
- Students will identify other career possibilities in working with families and young children.
- Students will identify the school climate in Ohio and the impact of standards, school readiness, and value-added concepts.
- Students will review and apply the Code of Ethics to ethical situations.
- Students will understand the value of play in relation to a child’s development and learning.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)