May 12, 2021
PBIO 2250 - Flowers
Not intended for plant biology majors. Identification of local flowers and discussion of the role of flowers in their natural environments.
Requisites: WARNING: No credit if PBIO 3190 or 4090
Credit Hours: 3
Repeat/Retake Information: May be retaken two times excluding withdrawals, but only last course taken counts.
Lecture/Lab Hours: 2.0 lecture, 2.0 laboratory
Grades: Eligible Grades: A-F,WP,WF,WN,FN,AU,I
- Students will be able to describe various local ecosystems where various flowering plant species are found.
- Students will be able to identify seasonal flowering plants of Ohio.
- Students will be able to recognize common plant families in Ohio.
- Students will be able to recognize native, non-native, and invasive flowering plants.
- Students will be able to describe value and common use of various flowering plants.
- Students will be able to recognize and describe flowering plant morphology needed for keying and identification of plant families.
- Students will be able to use a botanical key for flowering plant identification.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)