Feb 09, 2023
BA 2500 - Strategic Business Communication
Strategic managerial communication issues of critical and current interest are addressed in conjunction with cross-functional cluster projects and include the strategic execution of communication medium, form, and format. Attention is given to strengthening strategic managerial communication skills for greater success in the complex and sometimes problematic workplace.
Requisites: COB and BA 1500
Credit Hours: 3
Repeat/Retake Information: May be retaken two times excluding withdrawals, but only last course taken counts.
Lecture/Lab Hours: 3.0 lecture
Grades: Eligible Grades: A-F,WP,WF,WN,FN,AU,I
- Students will be able to demonstrate the ability to use clear, concise, and grammatically correct language while selecting appropriate formats for writing business communications of various formats.
- Students will be able to identify and evaluate sources of information, including industry databases and reports.
- Students will be able to influence audience and reader perception through verbal, written, and non-verbal communication.
- Students will be able to plan, conduct, control, and document effective meetings.
- Students will be able to summarize and explain creative ideas and information in a manner that is professional, thorough, and engaging.
- Students will be able to summarize how to use communication strategically.
- Students will be able to use spoken and written language to prepare and deliver effective business presentations (individually and in teams) using appropriate technology.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)