Mar 24, 2023
CLAS 2340 - Classical Mythology
Introduction to classical mythology; readings and discussions of myths and their interpretations.
Credit Hours: 3
OHIO BRICKS Pillar: Humanities: Text and Contexts
General Education Code (students who entered prior to Fall 2021-22): 2HL
Repeat/Retake Information: May be retaken two times excluding withdrawals, but only last course taken counts.
Lecture/Lab Hours: 3.0 lecture
Grades: Eligible Grades: A-F,WP,WF,WN,FN,AU,I
Course Transferability: OTM course: TMAH Arts & Humanities
College Credit Plus: Level 1
- Adoption of methodologies for exploring myth independently.
- Exploration of the meanings of myths for the ancients and for us.
- Mastery of names and stories for some principal Greek myths.
- To be able to use evidence from material culture as well as literary sources in reaching conclusions about myth.
- Understanding of the literary and visual context of myth.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)