Aug 16, 2022
JOUR 4410J - Magazine Feature Writing
Writing, researching, and marketing factual magazine feature articles of various types. Reading exemplary magazine articles. Finding subjects, securing photographs, writing articles, and surveying markets.
Requisites: C or better in (JOUR 2310 or 2311) and (JR or SR)
Credit Hours: 3
OHIO BRICKS Foundations: Advanced Writing
General Education Code (students who entered prior to Fall 2021-22): 1J
Repeat/Retake Information: May be retaken two times excluding withdrawals, but only last course taken counts.
Lecture/Lab Hours: 3.0 lecture
Grades: Eligible Grades: A-F,WP,WF,WN,FN,AU,I
- Apply basic numerical and statistical concepts.
- Conduct research and evaluate information by methods appropriate to the communications professions in which they work.
- critically evaluate their own work and that of others for accuracy and fairness, clarity, appropriate style, and grammatical correctness.
- Demonstrate an understanding of professional ethical principles and work ethically in pursuit of truth, accuracy, fairness, and diversity.
- Think critically, creatively, and independently.
- Write correctly and clearly in forms appropriate for the communications professions, audiences, and purposes they serve.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)