Nov 28, 2022
RHT 1200 - Food and Culture
Investigate what and how people eat and explore how geography and history have shaped the food patterns and cultures of countries and regions throughout the world.
Credit Hours: 3
OHIO BRICKS Foundations: Intercultural Explorations
General Education Code (students who entered prior to Fall 2021-22): 2CP
Repeat/Retake Information: May be retaken two times excluding withdrawals, but only last course taken counts.
Lecture/Lab Hours: 3.0 lecture
Grades: Eligible Grades: A-F,WP,WF,WN,FN,AU,I
- Students will be able to identify the factors impacting food adequacy in today’s world.
- Students will be able to recognize how culture influences food patterns as countries become more diverse.
- Students will be able to identify ingredients of food associated with countries of the world.
- Students will be able to examine the geographic influences on food patterns throughout the world.
- Students will be able to distinguish cultural variations in social interactions and manners.
- Students will be able to explain food practices of religions as well as the traditions and celebrations associated with various religions.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)