Jan 28, 2023
SOC 2310 - Sociology of Health and Health Care
Examination of social definitions of health and disease, distributions of health and disease, and health care delivery. Particular attention devoted to medical education, various health care delivery systems, and contemporary social issues in medicine.
Requisites: SOC 1000
Credit Hours: 3
OHIO BRICKS Arch: Connected World
Repeat/Retake Information: May be retaken two times excluding withdrawals, but only last course taken counts.
Lecture/Lab Hours: 3.0 lecture
Grades: Eligible Grades: A-F,WP,WF,WN,FN,AU,I
- The student will gain understanding of doctor-patient interaction.
- The student will healing options and health care delivery systems in the United States and other developed countries.
- The student will know distributions of health and disease.
- The student will know the social definitions of health and disease.
- The student will know the social influences that affect health and longevity.
- The student will understand the role of hospitals in the delivery of health care in the modern world.
- The student will understand the role of the physician and other health care providers in a changing society.
- The student will understand health-oriented behavior and illness behavior.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)