Dec 02, 2022
ATCH 2030 - Tax and Governmental Reporting Procedures
Consideration of data sources, forms, and filing requirements for payroll taxes, income taxes, withholding taxes, FICA, sales taxes, unemployment reports, and a wide variety of other specialized local, state, and federally required reports and procedures.
Requisites: ATCH 1030
Credit Hours: 3
Repeat/Retake Information: May be retaken two times excluding withdrawals, but only last course taken counts.
Lecture/Lab Hours: 3.0 lecture
Grades: Eligible Grades: A-F,WP,WF,WN,FN,AU,I
- Understand computerized payroll systems.
- Understand the computation of salaries and wages.
- Understand the need for payroll records.
- Understand the required documentation to be maintained in employer records.
- Understand the required filings for payroll taxes.
- Understand the year-end tasks related to payroll.
- Understand unemployment compensation.
- Understand what constitutes an employee.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)