Nov 28, 2022
PBIO 4181J - Writing for Biologists
Current topics in the scientific literature and public controversy around issues in biology provide students with opportunities to learn the skills needed for successful writing as a biologist. No credit toward major.
Requisites: 15 Hours in BIOS or PBIO and (Jr or Sr)
Credit Hours: 3
OHIO BRICKS Foundations: Advanced Writing
General Education Code (students who entered prior to Fall 2021-22): 1J
Repeat/Retake Information: May be retaken two times excluding withdrawals, but only last course taken counts.
Lecture/Lab Hours: 3.0 lecture
Grades: Eligible Grades: A-F,WP,WF,WN,FN,AU,I
- Students will be able to break writing assignments down into a series of tasks including finding, evaluating, analyzing, and synthesizing material from primary and secondary sources
- Students wil be able to integrate their own ideas with those of others from a variety of sources.
- Students will be able to review, critique and edit their own and others’ works
- Students will be able to use knowledge of genre conventions ranging from structure and paragraphing to tone and mechanics to tailor writings for different audiences ranging from the scientific community to the general public..
- Students will be able to create documents using multiple drafts and revisions to complete a successful text
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)