Dec 06, 2021
BA 1500 - Introduction to Business Communication and Professional Skills
BA 1500 introduces students to essential business communication and professional skills. The purpose of the course is to help students build a foundation for college and career success.
Credit Hours: 3
OHIO BRICKS Foundations: Advanced Writing
General Education Code (students who entered prior to Fall 2021-22): 1J
Repeat/Retake Information: May be retaken two times excluding withdrawals, but only last course taken counts.
Lecture/Lab Hours: 3.0 lecture
Grades: Eligible Grades: A-F,WP,WF,WN,FN,AU,I
Course Transferability: TAG course: OBU005 Business Communication
College Credit Plus: Level 1
- 1) Students will be able to develop credible business messages.
- 2) Students will be able to construct influential business messages.
- 3) Students will be able to formulate ethical business messages.
- 4) Students will be able to construct writing appropriate to its audience.
- 5) Students will be able to construct writing appropriate to its purpose.
- 6) Students will be able to develop writing by using appropriate and relevant content.
- 7) Students will be able to design writing that effectively uses the formal and informal rules of business communication.
- Students will be able to formulate writing that demonstrates use of evidence to develop and support ideas.
- Students will be able to assemble writing that uses language, sytnax, and mechanics that convey meaning to the audience.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)