May 28, 2023
BA 2290 - Cultural Explorations through Global Consulting
This course prepares students for the Global Consulting Program by teaching students to work effectively with global businesses. Students learn cultural frameworks, cultural self-awareness, communications, empathy, openness, and curiosity. Each student is provided an opportunity to develop the necessary skills to serve as an ethical, well-rounded, and culturally-appreciative ambassador of Ohio University to the rest of the world.
Requisites: Permission required
Credit Hours: 3
OHIO BRICKS Foundations: Intercultural Explorations
General Education Code (students who entered prior to Fall 2021-22): 2CP
Repeat/Retake Information: May be retaken two times excluding withdrawals, but only last course taken counts.
Lecture/Lab Hours: 3.0 lecture
Grades: Eligible Grades: A-F,WP,WF,WN,FN,AU,I
- Students will be able to explain cultural frameworks and how other cultures differ from their own
- Students will be able to describe the rules and customs for effectively communicating with clients to achieve a shared understanding.
- Students will be able to analyze the competitive business landscape in a global context and apply cultural differences to this analysis.
- Students will be able to solve complex business problems.
- Students will be able to explain cultural intelligence and, through empathy and openness to different cultures, and curiosity, identify their own strengths and weaknesses.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)