Sep 26, 2022
CHEM 3090 - Organic Chemistry Laboratory II Advanced
Continuation of 3080. Emphasis on microscale synthesis, purification, and characterization of organic compounds. Designed for B.S. chemistry majors.
Requisites: CHEM 3080 and (3060 or concurrent)
Credit Hours: 2
Repeat/Retake Information: May be retaken two times excluding withdrawals, but only last course taken counts.
Lecture/Lab Hours: 6.0 laboratory
Grades: Eligible Grades: A-F,WP,WF,WN,FN,AU,I
Course Transferability: TAG course: OSC010 Organic Chemistry Sequence
College Credit Plus: Level 1
- Students will become proficient in the application of multi-step syntheses to complex organic molecules with an emphasis on transformation of functional groups.
- Students will become proficient in the communication and presentation of scientific results.
- Students will become proficient in the design and execution of syntheses toward organic compounds.
- Students will become proficient with advanced spectral techniques to characterize organic compounds.
- Students will become proficient with instrumentation needed to synthesize organic molecules.
- Students will learn to approach and solve problems in organic research.
- Students will become proficient in the search and use of scientific literature.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)