Certificate Name and Number: Strategic Selling & Sales Leadership Certificate – CTSSLG
Delivery Mode: Online
Terms of Entry: Fall, Spring, Summer
Enrollment Eligibility: Current degree-seeking student or non-degree status
Expected time to complete degree is 3 semesters
Curriculum content will include topics such as sales force management, strategic account management, leading sales teams, sales analytics, selling methodologies, and account analysis and selection.
The mission of the program is to provide sales professionals/executives with cutting-edge knowledge and skills required in contemporary markets.
Certificate Learning Outcomes:
Upon completion of the program, students will be able to:
- Identify and discuss professional selling concepts important to today’s business environment.
- Evaluate and apply sales management concepts to real world selling situations.
- Develop and use sales analytics tools to evaluate selling and sales contexts.
Opportunities upon Completion: Students who successfully complete the Strategic Selling & Sales Leadership Certificate will gain knowledge related to the core areas of sales and gain experience using industry standard tools. This provides additional and improved career opportunities for students currently working as sales professionals, sales managers or sales executives. Specifically, students currently working as sales professionals will advance more quickly in the sales hierarchy as a result of knowledge and experience from the certificate that provide a jump forward in cutting-edge knowledge and expertise. The certificate will also allow students working in frontline sales positions to become more efficient and productive in their roles as their breadth of knowledge and experience has increased. Finally, students currently working as sales managers or sales executives will also gain from an increase in their breadth of knowledge and experience, providing an advantage in leading the frontlines of their firms.
- Minimum semester hours: 9
- Thesis requirement: No
- Qualifying exam: No
- GPA in program: 3.0
- Required Courses: MBA 6300, MBA 6400, MBA 6500
Financial aid eligibility information:
- Non-degree-seeking students enrolled in this certificate are not eligible for federal financial aid.
- Current degree-seeking students may use federal financial aid only for 1) coursework fulfilling requirements of their degree, including required elective hours, or 2) coursework toward a second financial aid-eligible program.
- Students receiving federal financial aid may not take courses for this certificate unless they are also enrolled full-time (9 hours) in their degree program during the same academic term. Financial aid may be used for courses that count toward both degree requirements and the certificate.
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited university
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Official transcript(s)
- Current resume
- Online application with $35 fee
- No GRE or GMAT scores required
International applicants must also submit:
- TOEFL iBT score of 150 or IELTS of 7.5
- General academic credentials evaluation (ECE or WES report)
Transfer credits are not accepted for this program.
International Students: This certificate program does not permit full-time enrollment in residence at Ohio University, and an I-20 cannot be issued based on admission to this program.