Certificate Name and Number: Human Resource Management Certificate CTHRMG
Department(s)/Unit(s): Management Department
Delivery Mode: Online
Terms of Entry: Fall, Spring, Summer
Enrollment Eligibility: Current degree-seeking student or non-degree status
Certificate Overview: The Human Resources Management certificate addresses the need for students to attain a comprehensive understanding of the human resources value chain to enable the optimal interface between human resource solutions and organizational needs, in order to deliver outstanding results through talent.
Expected time to complete degree: one and a half to two semesters
Certificate Learning Outcomes:
Upon completion of the program, students will be able to:
- Recognize the intersection of business strategy and talent strategy to deliver optimal organizational results.
- Align the human resources process and systems to achieve organizational synergies.
- Identify the legal and reputational risks inherent in the human resources value chain and develop actions to prevent and mitigate those risks.
Opportunities upon Completion: This certificate will prepare students to become a key contributor in the strategic planning and management of human capital within their respective organizations. Students that successfully complete this certificate will be more able to lead people at the next level. Graduates may be able to enter the Human Resources Field, expand their network or move to a higher or more strategic position within Human Resources. This may provide additional and improved career opportunities such as changing roles due to an increase in knowledge and managerial skills.
- Minimum semester hours: 9
- Thesis requirement: No
- Qualifying exam: No
- GPA in program: 3.0
- Required courses: MGT 5030, MGT 5031, MGT 5032
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited university
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Official transcript(s)
- Current resume with optional cover letter
- Online application with $35 fee
- No GRE or GMAT scores required
International applicants must also submit:
- TOEFL iBT score of 150 or IELTS of 7.5
- General academic credentials evaluation (ECE or WES report)
Transfer credits are not accepted for this program.
International Students: This certificate program does not permit full-time enrollment in residence at Ohio University, and an I-20 cannot be issued based on admission to this program.