Apr 16, 2021
CHEM 1220 - Principles of Chemistry II
Designed to survey organic chemistry and biochemistry and their impact upon daily existence.
Requisites: C- or better in CHEM 1210
Credit Hours: 4
General Education Code: 2NS
Repeat/Retake Information: May be retaken two times excluding withdrawals, but only last course taken counts.
Lecture/Lab Hours: 3.0 lecture, 3.0 laboratory
Grades: Eligible Grades: A-F,WP,WF,WN,FN,AU,I
Course Transferability: OTM Course: TMNS Natural Sciences
College Credit Plus: Level 1
- Compare and contrast the processes of DNA replication and transcription and RNA translation.
- Construct and name structures containing common mono-functional organic molecules.
- Demonstrate knowledge of major biochemical components in common catabolic pathways for carbohydrates and fatty acids.
- Distinguish and construct key structural features and common reactions of these classes of biomolecules.
- Distinguish various roles of four major classes of biomolecules in living cells.
- Relate the physical and chemical properties of organic compounds with the structure of each functional classification.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)