Dec 09, 2023
CSD 4410 - Pre-Professional Service II
Offers continued exploration of clinical practice issues in communication disorders and includes 10 hours of volunteer experience in order to complete the Capstone Service Learning Project. Students will observe assessment and intervention session in real time and will learn clinical writing skills for both speech pathology and audiology.
Requisites: CSD 3410 and Sr
Credit Hours: 3
OHIO BRICKS Capstone: Capstone or Culminating Experience
General Education Code (students who entered prior to Fall 2021-22): 3
Repeat/Retake Information: May be retaken two times excluding withdrawals, but only last course taken counts.
Lecture/Lab Hours: 3.0 lecture
Grades: Eligible Grades: A-F,WP,WF,WN,FN,AU,I
- Students will complete a Professional Portfolio as the final project for the pre-professional series.
- Students will complete the final 15 hours of volunteer experience in a professional environment.
- Students will demonstrate competency in using professional terminology in technical writing for the professions.
- Students will demonstrate critical analysis of observational and field experiences.
- Students will explore multicultural, clinical, and technical aspects of audiology and speech/language pathology through observation.
- Students will relate their own personal and professional development as it relates to field experiences.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)