Aug 16, 2022
PSY 2720 - Psychology of Personality
Development, organization, and assessment of personality, with evaluation of major theoretical perspectives and research on personality.
Requisites: PSY 1010
Credit Hours: 3
OHIO BRICKS Arch: Connected World
Repeat/Retake Information: May be retaken two times excluding withdrawals, but only last course taken counts.
Lecture/Lab Hours: 3.0 lecture
Grades: Eligible Grades: A-F,WP,WF,WN,FN,AU,I
Course Transferability: OTM course: TMSBS Social & Behavioral Sciences, TAG course: OSS018 Psychology of Personality
College Credit Plus: Level 1
- Students will be able to explain primary terminology of personality psychology and apply the principles of personality to the understanding of everyday life such as interpersonal relations, workplace issues, etc.
- Students will be able to apply the logic and methods of scientific inquiry in personality psychology.
- Students will be able to explain how and defend a position about how personality psychology contributes to becoming an informed citizen.
- Students will be able to describe ways the research methods and findings in personality psychology are influenced by the social identities of the investigator.
- Students will be able to critically state and describe theories, research methods and findings (outcomes), and applications developed by psychologists.
- Students will be able to use information from sources with enough interpretation to develop a comphrehensive analysis of each of the major perspectives of personality.
- Students will be able to systematically and methodically analyze assumptions and evaluate the relevance of contexts in past and current research within personality psychology and the evaluation of personality theories and their application.
- Students will be able to state a specific position and/or perspective on the major approaches to the assessment of personality that is thoughtful and recognizes the limitations of the empirical findings.
- Students will be able to state conclusions about theories of personality logically and in a priority order.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)