Oct 06, 2022
CHEM 4911 - Chemistry Internship
Students perform supervised work in an approved scientific lab or industry equivalent to gain practical experience. Students are responsible for identifying and arranging internship opportunities that include a faculty advisor and an industry supervisor. Written and/or oral evaluations are administered by an internship committee.
Requisites: Permission Required, Senior
Credit Hours: 3
OHIO BRICKS Bridge: Learning and Doing, Capstone: Capstone or Culminating Experience
Repeat/Retake Information: May be repeated for a maximum of 9.0 hours.
Lecture/Lab Hours: 6.0 internship
Grades: Eligible Grades: F,CR,PR,WP,WF,WN,FN,AU,I
- Students will be able to identify and consider real-world problems in a professional setting.
- Students will be able to use information gained from both their academic background and internship experiences to interpret and analyze complex problems.
- Students will be able to methodically examine and decipher facts from assumptions in a professional context.
- Students will be able to use internship experiences to develop new perspectives that can subsequently drive innovation.
- Students will be able to use their diverse academic backgrounds and internship training to reach logical conclusions when solving real-world problems.
- Students will be able to connect their academic training with unique professional experiences.
- Students will be able to use the internship setting to solve problems by making connections across multiple disciplines.
- Students will be able use internship experiences to develop a portable skillset that will translate to their future careers.
- Students will be able to communicate information and issues in a professional manner.
- Students will be able to self-reflect on internship experiences and build upon them, to ultimately facilitate future career advancements.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)