Yamada International House
Dr. Lorna Jean Edmonds, Vice Provost for Global Affairs
The Center for International Studies aspires to be the nation’s model of distinction in educating globally engaged citizens, promoting sustainable and responsible development, and contributing to peace and justice in the world.
The Center for International Studies advances excellence in education, research, outreach, and comprehensive internationalization for Ohio University. As a unique entity that has both academic and administrative responsibilities, the Center:
- Fosters an innovative academic community through Bachelor of Arts in Global Studies, Global Leadership Certificate, and Master of Arts programs;
- Provides support to international students, faculty, and staff;
- Develops and administers study abroad programs and advises students on education abroad opportunities;
- Manages global partnerships;
- Builds institutional capacity overseas through the global services program; and
- Leads campus-wide strategic internationalization efforts.