Accelerated Graduate Pathway code: NDAG04
College of Health Sciences and Professions
School of Applied Health Sciences and Wellness
Athens, OH 45701
Kristine Ensign, Assistant Professor of Instruction
The Accelerated Graduate Pathway for Athletic Training allows students to complete the Professional Master of Science in Athletic Training Program (PMSAT) in 5 years using the Bachelor of Science in Exercise Physiology - Pre-Athletic Training degree. The PMSAT program is a two-year cohort-based program. Eligible students are able to begin the PMSAT program the fall of their fourth year. Students must complete their Bachelor of Science degree by the first fall semester of the PMSAT program. Athletic training is a healthcare profession that specializes in the prevention, recognition, immediate management, and rehabilitation of injuries and illnesses in physically active individuals. Upon completion of the program, students are eligible to take the Board of Certification® examination and are eligible for licensure as an athletic trainer.
Students will be eligible to apply when they have earned or are in-process of completing 88 credit hours; students will be eligible to enroll in courses when they have earned or are in-process of completing 121 credit hours.
Application is limited to students who:
- Are in the Exercise Physiology - Pre-Athletic training major (BS8178)
- Have completed BIOS 3450/3455 and EXPH 4140/4145
- Have completed AT 1001 and AT 2920
- Have a 3.2 cumulative GPA OR has a 3.0 cumulative GPA with a 3.5 GPA in most recent 30 hours
- Have no grades lower than a C in PSY 1010, NUTR 1000, PHYS 2001, CHEM 1210 or 1510, BIOS 3010/3015, BIOS 3450, and EXPH 4140/4145
- Complete the ATCAS (Athletic Training Centralized Application System) application
Opportunities Upon Graduation
Athletic trainers are employed in a variety of settings including middle, secondary, college-level sports, professional sports, physician practice, industry, performing arts, military, and public service.
The following courses may be completed prior to earning the bachelor’s degree:
- AT 5000 - Therapeutic Interventions (replaces EXPH 4490 requirement)
- AT 5010 - Diagnosis & Care of Lower Extremity Pathologies (replaces EXPH 4610, EXPH 4620, or EXPH 4900 requirement)
- AT 5011 - Lower Extremity Gross Anatomy
- AT 5140 - Medical Conditions in Athletic Training
- AT 5921 - Practicum I