Aug 04, 2020
GK 2110 - Intermediate Greek I
Study of intermediate-level ancient texts, typically drawn from Homer and Plato.
Requisites: GK 1120
Credit Hours: 3
General Education Code: 2HL
Repeat/Retake Information: May be retaken two times excluding withdrawals, but only last course taken counts.
Lecture/Lab Hours: 3.0 lecture
Grades: Eligible Grades: A-F,WP,WF,WN,FN,AU,I
- Development of writing skills complementary to reading skills.
- Familiarity with and competence in using online Greek language and culture resources, e.g. Perseus Project.
- Further vocabulary acquisition.
- Introduction of the student to unadulterated Greek literary texts.
- Solidified and expanded knowledge of Greek morphology, syntax, and vocabulary.
- Understanding of what the study of Greek language and literature contributes to the student’s general education.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)