Oct 24, 2019
HIND 1120 - Elementary Hindi-Urdu II
Culture based approach to increased language proficiency. Students continue to develop listening, reading, speaking, and writing skills as they study diverse history and customs of Hindi-Urdu speakers.
Requisites: HIND 1110
Credit Hours: 4
General Education Code: 2CP
Repeat/Retake Information: May be retaken two times excluding withdrawals, but only last course taken counts.
Lecture/Lab Hours: 4.0 lecture
Grades: Eligible Grades: A-F,WP,WF,WN,FN,AU,I
- Build a personal Hindi dictionary.
- Learn both dependent and independent (maatraa) forms of Hindi language vowels.
- Pronounce vowels and consonants appropriately according to Devnagri script.
- Read and write complex words and advanced simple sentences in Hindi.
- Read, write, and speak Hindi language consonants in Devnagri script. Conjunction of consonants.
- Read, write, and speak Hindi language vowels in Devnagri script.
- Understand and apply Indirect Verb Constructions.
[Add to Portfolio]