Apr 07, 2020
HUM 2080 - Humanities: Post 17th- c. through Modern
Classics of various genres of 17th- century through Modern periods, leading toward understanding of Western cultural heritage. Guidance in close textual reading, historical context, critical thinking, discussion, and writing about those works.
Requisites: ENG 1510 or 1610 or 151A or 152 or 153 or 153A or 153B
Credit Hours: 3
General Education Code: 2HL
Repeat/Retake Information: May be retaken two times excluding withdrawals, but only last course taken counts.
Lecture/Lab Hours: 3.0 lecture
Grades: Eligible Grades: A-F,WP,WF,WN,FN,AU,I
Course Transferability: OTM Course: TMAH Arts & Humanities
College Credit Plus: Level 1
- Ability to comprehend the broad overview and development of literature from early classical roots through the early 17th century.
- Ability to recognize historical stylistic differences.
- Ability to recognize use of literary elements and their metamorphosis.
- Ability to identify literary genres/forms and their development historically.
- Broad understanding of historical and literary contexts, genres and styles and ability to articulate about them orally and in writing.
Add to Portfolio