Feb 08, 2023
JOUR 3700 - Advertising and Public Relations Writing
Focuses on writing and techniques for advertising and public relations. Will consider uncontrolled and controlled media.
Requisites: ENG 1510 and C or better in ((JOUR 231A and 233) or (231 and 233) or (2310 or 2311) and (270 or 2500) and 3400 and Soph or Jr or Sr
Credit Hours: 3
General Education Code: 1JE
Repeat/Retake Information: May be retaken two times excluding withdrawals, but only last course taken counts.
Lecture/Lab Hours: 3.0 lecture
Grades: Eligible Grades: A-F,WP,WF,WN,FN,AU,I
- Critically evaluate their own work and that of others for accuracy and fairness, clarity, appropriate style, and grammatical correctness.
- Demonstrate an understanding of professional ethical principles and work ethically in pursuit of truth, accuracy, fairness, and diversity.
- Learn how to navigate complex client requirements and information to generate clear, persuasive copy.
- Learn the basic principles and techniques of sound writing for advertising and public relations and work through the writing process.
- Think critically, creatively, and independently.
- Write to specific objectives as part of an overall communications strategy.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)