Jan 25, 2020
NRSE 4530 - Family Nursing
Focuses on nursing care of the family system throughout the life cycle. Emphasizes the synthesis of family theory and application of the nursing process for families.
Requisites: NRSE 4510 or concurrent. No ND9988.
Credit Hours: 3
Repeat/Retake Information: May be retaken two times excluding withdrawals, but only last course taken counts.
Lecture/Lab Hours: 3.0 lecture
Grades: Eligible Grades: A-F,WP,WF,WN,FN,AU,I
- Apply health appraisal skills while working with families.
- Conduct a family health assessment.
- Develop a family wellness plan.
- Discuss family spiritual beliefs and values and how those beliefs and values impact health care relationship.
- Discuss research and evidence for practice related to family and family health topics.
- Facilitate patient-centered/family-centered transitions of care, including discharge planning, to ensure the caregiver’s ability to promote safe care.
- Recognize the relationship of genetics and genomics to health, prevention, screening, diagnostics, prognostics, selection, and monitoring of treatment, using a constructed pedigree.
[Add to Portfolio]