Sep 18, 2019
PBIO 1150 - Plant Structure and Development
For plant biology and other science majors, preprofessional students and science modular students. Introduction to structure, growth, development, and reproductive biology of plants with emphasis on flowering plants.
Credit Hours: 4
General Education Code: 2NS
Repeat/Retake Information: May be retaken two times excluding withdrawals, but only last course taken counts.
Lecture/Lab Hours: 3.0 lecture, 2.0 laboratory
Grades: Eligible Grades: A-F,WP,WF,WN,FN,AU,I
- Appreciation for the diversity of plants.
- Introduction to the internal structure of plants, particularly flowering plants.
- Knowledge of and appreciation for the diversity of life.
- Knowledge of flowering plant reproduction.
- Knowledge of the external form of flowering plants.
- Understanding of structure, growth, development, and reproductive biology that distinguish groups.
- Understanding of the major concepts of plant growth.
- Use of microscopes for biological investigation.
[Add to Portfolio]