Oct 27, 2020
PORT 3190 - Portuguese IV
Continuation of Portuguese III. See Portuguese III for description.
Requisites: PORT 3180
Credit Hours: 3
General Education Code: 2CP
Repeat/Retake Information: May be retaken two times excluding withdrawals, but only last course taken counts.
Lecture/Lab Hours: 3.0 lecture
Grades: Eligible Grades: A-F,WP,WF,WN,FN,AU,I
- Applies reading strategies that promote comprehension of various types of authentic written texts including poetry, short stories, song lyrics, newspaper articles, internet articles.
- Comprehends and comments on authentic video and audio recordings.
- Debates controversial topics at an intermediate level.
- Demonstrates knowledge of various characteristics of Brazilian/Portuguese society (history, politics, everyday life, kinship, taboos vs. accepted behavior, religion, gender, etc.)
- Engages in authentic oral communicative exchanges to provide, obtain, and interpret information and express emotions or opinions in Portuguese.
- Recognizes a range of literary techniques in various genres and is able to reproduce these in own writings in Portuguese.
- Writes compositions, descriptions, and 3-5 page basic research paper in Portuguese using correct accentuation, spelling and grammar.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)