Oct 24, 2019
WOL 1110 - Elementary Wolof I
Culture based approach to increased language proficiency. Students continue to develop listening, reading, speaking, and writing skills as they study diverse history and customs of Wolof speakers.
Credit Hours: 4
General Education Code: 2CP
Repeat/Retake Information: May be retaken two times excluding withdrawals, but only last course taken counts.
Lecture/Lab Hours: 4.0 lecture
Grades: Eligible Grades: A-F,WP,WF,WN,FN,AU,I
- Demonstrate an understanding of basic spoken sentences and conversation.
- Have some knowledge of Wolof culture.
- Make simple description of their immediate environment.
- To identity objects, animals and people around them.
- Understand written short essay in Wolof on familiar topics and activities such as family, time of the day, likes and dislikes and routine activities.
- Use appropriate gestures and Wolof expressions for greetings, leave takings and common classroom interaction.
- Utilize present progressive, habitual present and past tense with some inaccuracies.
[Add to Portfolio]