Oct 14, 2019
WOL 1120 - Elementary Wolof II
Culture based approach to increased language proficiency. Students continue to develop listening, reading, speaking, and writing skills as they study diverse history and customs of Wolof speakers.
Requisites: WOL 1110
Credit Hours: 4
General Education Code: 2CP
Repeat/Retake Information: May be retaken two times excluding withdrawals, but only last course taken counts.
Lecture/Lab Hours: 4.0 lecture
Grades: Eligible Grades: A-F,WP,WF,WN,FN,AU,I
- Develop a more comprehensive understanding of written text in Wolof on familiar topics.
- Engage in both written and spoken Wolof on familiar topics and activities.
- Engage in oral exchanges to obtain information such as directions, transportation and price.
- Interview Wolof speakers in their community about familiar topics such as food and taboos in Senegal.
- Prepare and present short announcements in Wolof.
- Use cultural appropriate Wolof expressions to initiate and sustain conversation on familiar topics.
- Utilize present progressive, habitual present, past tense, future tense and object pronouns.
- Write clear and coherent longer essays about familiar topics like eating habits in Senegal, diseases, etc.
[Add to Portfolio]