Oct 24, 2019
SAM 3250J - Strategic Managerial Communication
Strategic managerial communication is a writing enriched course that provides opportunities to practice and improve written communication skills, which are appropriate for career success. This course begins with the assumption the student has competency in basic business form and format for professional communication such as letters, memoranda, reports, and presentations.
Requisites: ENG 1510 and (Jr or Sr)
Credit Hours: 3
General Education Code: 1J
Repeat/Retake Information: May be retaken two times excluding withdrawals, but only last course taken counts.
Lecture/Lab Hours: 3.0 lecture
Grades: Eligible Grades: A-F,WP,WF,WN,FN,AU,I
- Students will analyze a communication problem and determine the appropriate response.
- Students will develop strategies for conducting routine and difficult communications–such as one-on-one conversations, meetings, and media relations–through role-playing activities.
- Students will evaluate personal delivery techniques and develop a plan for improvement.
- Students will explore contemporary communication problems and issues that affect organizations, i.e., ethics in communication and intercultural communication.
- Students will produce concise documents that convey a clear purpose (thesis) with supporting arguments and evidence.
- Students will use technology to research problems, produce communication products, and deliver presentations.
[Add to Portfolio]