Mar 24, 2023
ANTH 2010 - Introduction to Biological Anthropology
Evolutionary theory; primates; fossil record of human evolution; mechanics of evolution; human variation.
Credit Hours: 3
General Education Code: 2NS
Repeat/Retake Information: May be retaken two times excluding withdrawals, but only last course taken counts.
Lecture/Lab Hours: 3.0 lecture
Grades: Eligible Grades: A-F,WP,WF,WN,FN,AU,I
Course Transferability: TAG Course: OSS002 Physical/Biological Anthropology
College Credit Plus: Level 1
- Acquire a holistic anthropological perspective on human biological diversity.
- Be able to understand how evolution affects human beings in the modern world.
- Evaluate how biological anthropology can contribute to an understanding of humans in a modern world.
- Gain knowledge of the fundamental similarities between humans.
- Students will demonstrate a breath and depth of knowledge in the field.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)