Jun 18, 2021
EDPL 4580 - Professional Internship in Early Childhood and Elementary Education
All early childhood education and early childhood and elementary education majors must complete a full-time professional internship experience for graduation and licensure requirements. This internship provides students an embedded teaching experience in an elementary setting under the guidance of a mentor teacher. Students plan and implement learning experiences that are developmentally appropriate for elementary learners and work as part of a collaborative classroom teaching team.
Requisites: (EDPL 4590 and 4650 concurrent) and admission to professional internship in teaching
Credit Hours: 6
Repeat/Retake Information: May be retaken two times excluding withdrawals, but only last course taken counts.
Lecture/Lab Hours: 12.0 laboratory
Grades: Eligible Grades: F,CR,WP,WF,WN,FN,AU,I
- Students will be able to list the demographic characteristics of the student population.
- Students will be able to exhibit an appropriate level of content knowledge.
- Students will be able to use various strategies to effectively assess student learning.
- Students will be able to apply a variety of instructional strategies to positively impact student learning.
- Students will be able to critically analyze various factors that impact the learning environment.
- Students will be able to develop effective patterns of collaboration and communication with teachers, students and parents.
- Students will be able to engage in professional development and growth opportunities.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)