Sep 21, 2021
EDPL 4650 - Professional Internship Seminar
Capstone seminar in which teacher candidates demonstrate data-based instructional practices and reflection as they are concurrently completing their professional internship under the direction of a cooperating teacher and university supervisor. Through planning and independent teaching an extensive unit of instruction, candidates document synthesis through the completion of the edTPA. Allows candidates to demonstrate culminating knowledge, skills and dispositions acquired through course work in professional education as well as required content course work across the university.
Requisites: (EDPL (4580 and 4590) or (4610 and 4620) or (4610 and 4630) or (4630 and 4640) or (4560 and 4570)) concurrent and admission to professional internship in teaching
Credit Hours: 3
General Education Code: 3
Repeat/Retake Information: May be retaken two times excluding withdrawals, but only last course taken counts.
Lecture/Lab Hours: 3.0 seminar
Grades: Eligible Grades: A-F,WP,WF,WN,FN,AU,I
- Teacher candidates will present information both orally and in writing using effective organizational and technical skills.
- Teacher candidates will demonstrate effective collaboration with peers, colleagues, families, and the community.
- Teacher candidates will demonstrate personal and professional ethical responsibility.
- Teacher candidates will demonstrate respect and understanding of multicultural contexts and their importance to effective teaching and learning.
- Teacher candidates will demonstrate synthesis of complex information through analysis and application of teaching content and pedagogy.
- Teacher candidates will use technology to effectively acquire, present and analyze information.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)