Sep 21, 2021
EDTE 2020 - Field Experience in Education
Application of principles of typical child development, learned in EDTE 2000, and exceptional development of children and youth, learned in EDTE 2010, through observation, assisting, adapting tests and lessons, and tutoring a diverse range of pupils in a field setting.
Requisites: (EDTE 2000 and 2010 concurrent) and Admission to Teacher Candidacy
Credit Hours: 1
Repeat/Retake Information: May be retaken two times excluding withdrawals, but only last course taken counts.
Lecture/Lab Hours: 2.0 laboratory
Grades: Eligible Grades: A-F,CR,WP,WF,WN,FN,AU,I
- Candidates are expected to access information on various cognitive, communication, physical, cultural, social and emotional conditions of individuals with exceptional learning needs.
- Candidates are expected to apply different viewpoints, theories, and methods to observed instructional practices.
- Candidates are expected to communicate skillfully and respectfully.
- Candidates are expected to conduct instructional and other professional activities consistent with the requirements of law, rules and regulations, and local district policies and procedures.
- Candidates are expected to identify instructional strategies that promote student learning.
- Candidates are expected to identify various developmental factors that influence instructional decisions.
- Candidates are expected to promote an accepting, supportive, and fair classroom environment.
- Candidates are expected to use reflection and constructive criticism to direct their learning and improve their instruction.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)