Sep 27, 2023
ET 2300 - Principles of Engineering Materials
Fundamental principles underlying behavior of engineering materials. Relationship between structure and properties of ceramic, metallic, and polymeric materials.
Requisites: CHEM 1210 or 1510
Credit Hours: 3
General Education Code: 2AS
Repeat/Retake Information: May be retaken two times excluding withdrawals, but only last course taken counts.
Lecture/Lab Hours: 3.0 lecture
Grades: Eligible Grades: A-F,WP,WF,WN,FN,AU,I
- Students will be able to communicate material science and engineering concepts in writing
- Students will be able to identify the uses and properties of engineering materials including metals, ceramics and plastics
- Students will be able to relate structure at the atomic and microscopic levels to physical properties
- Students will be able to solve material science and engineering calculation problems
- Students will be able to solve problems requiring them to identify or represent directions and planes
- Students will be able to use binary equilibrium phase diagrams and phase transformation diagrams
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)