Sep 24, 2023
ISE 3340 - Work Design
Design of work systems and measurement of work. Topics include job methods, operation analysis, charting techniques, stop-watch time study, work sampling, predetermined time systems, standard data, incentive wage systems, and learning curves. Students are also introduced to ergonomics considerations in the design of manual operations. Students will also learn how to present the results of their analysis in a written report.
Requisites: ISE 2100 and 3200 and (ENG 1510 or ENG 1610) and (Soph or Jr or Sr)
Credit Hours: 3
General Education Code: 1JE
Repeat/Retake Information: May be retaken two times excluding withdrawals, but only last course taken counts.
Lecture/Lab Hours: 3.0 lecture
Grades: Eligible Grades: A-F,WP,WF,WN,FN,AU,I
- Students will be able to balance operations to form efficient workstations.
- Students will be able to design a manual workstation.
- Students will be able to design and perform a time study to determine time standards.
- Students will be able to design and perform a work sampling study.
- Students will be able to apply basic ergonomic concerns in designing a manual work area.
- Students will be able to create a one-page executive summary of a project.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)