May 15, 2021
MUS 1020 - Music Theory II
Continuation of MUS 1010. Formal, melodic, harmonic, and rhythmic principles of tonal music.
Requisites: C or better in (MUS 1010 and 1030)
Credit Hours: 3
Repeat/Retake Information: May be retaken two times excluding withdrawals, but only last course taken counts.
Lecture/Lab Hours: 3.0 lecture
Grades: Eligible Grades: A-F,WP,WF,WN,FN,AU,I
Course Transferability: TAG Course: OAH052 2-yr seq - Music Theory and Ear Training/Sightsing
College Credit Plus: Level 1
- Students will be able to analyze and write examples of basic small forms.
- Students will be able to analyze and write examples using tonicization and modulation.
- Students will be able to identify and write examples of phrases using functional tertian harmony.
- Students will be able to identify functional tonal relationships in common-practice examples and in their own work.
- Students will demonstrate understanding of the principles of tonal voice-leading.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)