Dec 01, 2020
PORT 3180 - Portuguese III
Beginning course of 2nd-year sequence with emphasis on oral proficiency.
Requisites: PORT 3120
Credit Hours: 3
General Education Code: 2CP
Repeat/Retake Information: May be retaken two times excluding withdrawals, but only last course taken counts.
Lecture/Lab Hours: 3.0 lecture
Grades: Eligible Grades: A-F,WP,WF,WN,FN,AU,I
- Acquires information relating to cultural traditions and issues, synthesizes and examines findings in original essays and cites references correctly in accordance with MLA guidelines.
- Analyzes cultural products and social practices in a detailed manner using frameworks established in disciplines related to coursework in modern languages, such as linguistics, literature, cinema, and cultural studies.
- Expresses her or himself orally with relative fluency and grammatical control of increasingly complex structures and incorporating occasional sophisticated terms.
- Interacts with a variety of authentic media of the target cultures (film, music, radio, Websites) and comprehends the culture-specific references as well as the Portuguese language.
- Understands and interprets complex written texts, both literary and journalistic.
- Writes short narratives, descriptions and summaries with sustained control of increasingly complex target-language sentence.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)