May 12, 2021
THAR 1130 - Acting Fundamentals I
An introduction to the theory and practice of acting, as explored through exercises, scenes, and viewing plays. The exercises will explore the uses of imagination, concentration, relaxation, intention, and physical and vocal freedom through improvisation.
Requisites: C- or better in ENG 1510 or 1610
Credit Hours: 3
General Education Code: 2FA
Repeat/Retake Information: May be retaken two times excluding withdrawals, but only last course taken counts.
Lecture/Lab Hours: 2.0 lecture, 2.0 laboratory
Grades: Eligible Grades: A-F,WP,WF,WN,FN,AU,I
Course Transferability: TAG Course: OAH027 Acting I
College Credit Plus: Level 1
- Comprehend and apply the tools necessary to build a foundation for solid acting values.
- Demonstrate sustained concentration and focus.
- Demonstrate the ability to work effectively in an acting ensemble.
- Perform with a sense of joy, play and risk.
- Utilize your creative abilities to analyze and contextualize a script.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)