Jan 28, 2023
LET 1050 - Ethics and Legal Issues
Provides a fundamental base of knowledge concerning contemporary law enforcement ethical and legal issues such as use of force, corruption, professional behavior, code of ethics, ethical dilemmas, and historical cases of ethical misconduct.
Credit Hours: 3
General Education Code: 2SS
Repeat/Retake Information: May be retaken two times excluding withdrawals, but only last course taken counts.
Lecture/Lab Hours: 3.0 lecture
Grades: Eligible Grades: A-F,WP,WF,WN,FN,AU,I
Course Transferability: CTAG Course: CTBPO Basic Peace Officer
College Credit Plus: Level 1
- Analyze contemporary case studies of ethical and legal issues relative to police, courts, and corrections; and the war on terrorism.
- Define the components of the criminal justice system and contexts for understanding justice, crime, and ethics.
- Describe utilitarian and deontological approaches to ethical formulation within the criminal justice system.
- Evaluate formulation of ethical issues in the workplace.
- Examine the ethics of deceptive interrogation.
- Postulate a criminal justice ethic for the future.
- Use theoretical foundations to solve ethical dilemmas encountered in a contemporary criminal justice organization.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)