May 08, 2021
MALA 2110 - Intermediate Malaysian I
First course of two semester intermediate-level sequence of Malaysian.
Requisites: MALA 1120
Credit Hours: 4
General Education Code: 2CP
Repeat/Retake Information: May be retaken two times excluding withdrawals, but only last course taken counts.
Lecture/Lab Hours: 4.0 lecture
Grades: Eligible Grades: A-F,WP,WF,WN,FN,AU,I
- Students will be able to understand some basic cultural values practiced in Malaysian society.
- Students will be able to develop the ability to use Bahasa Malaysia effectively for purposes of practical communication within the country of residence.
- Students will be able to form a sound base of the skills, language and attitudes required for further study, work and leisure.
- Students will be able to offer insights into the culture and civilization of countries where Bahasa Malaysia is spoken.
- Students will be able to read and understand signs, letters, short stories in Bahasa Malaysia.
- Students will be able to speak, listen, and converse in basic Bahasa Malaysia.
- Students will be able to write simple phrases and short compositions.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)