Feb 25, 2024
RFM 2910 - Work Experience in Retail and Fashion Merchandising
Students seek and complete a field work experience in the retail and fashion merchandising industry for a total of 80 hours. Projects are related to the learning experience of the individual student. Emphasis is on reflection of the learning experience and its relationship to program goals. Students must be enrolled in the class while completing on-site work hours.
Requisites: RFM major and RFM 1010
Credit Hours: 1
OHIO BRICKS Bridge: Learning and Doing
Repeat/Retake Information: May be repeated for a maximum of 3.0 hours.
Lecture/Lab Hours: 2.0 internship
Grades: Eligible Grades: A-F,PR,WP,WF,WN,FN,AU,I
- Students will be able to evaluate the successes and challenges of achieving goals and projects during a work experience.
- Students will be able to implement first-hand knowledge of the retail industry in a work setting.
- Students will be able to examine the importance of customer and client relationships in the context of a retail setting.
- Students will be able to investigate opportunities for professional development and career growth.
- Students will be able to implement ethical decision making in a professional setting.
- Students will be able to examine their role in communities where clients and colleagues represent diverse backgrounds and experiences.
- Students will be able to develop professional behaviors through their interactions with customers and their employer.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)